- ...sponsors the Washington State Salmon Run annual operating contest.
- ...competes for the Pacific Northwest Challenge Cup Traveling Trophy.
- ...sponsors several awards including the Washington Totem Award.
- ...administers the William Bennett W7PHO Scholarship.
- ...helps fund DXpeditions to wanted DXCC entities.
- ...hosts the Pacific Northwest DX Convention.
- ...runs the 147.00 MHz < -600, PL103.5> W7DX FM repeater.
We’ve posted the results of the 2019 Salmon Run. There were 337 logs received before the deadline, which is more than the past few years. That’s a great sign – that even as the Solar Cycle declines and the bands become challenging, the Salmon Run is growing in popularity.
Grant, KZ1W, and Rob, N7QT, are going to the Solomon Islands. It hasn’t been announced via the usual Internet mouthpieces yet as they are waiting for license confirmations. The tentative dates await the airlines, but anticipated for Nov 13th through Nov 26th. Locations will be the hotel in Honiara on Guadalcanal in the Solomons (H44) and then from… Read More »
The results for the 2019 Pacific Northwest Challenge Cup are in! Congrats to all who participated and contributed points in a zero sunspot year. Additionally, congrats to WVDXC for their impressive showing.
January Contest Activity Report Happy New Year. Just one “counter” for the Northwest Trophy Competition in this (RTTY Roundup) report plus a couple that are in the “fun” category. In February, there will be the WPX RTTY test, which will be the half-way point for the Trophy Competition, followed by the ARRL DX CW test. The first weekend… Read More »
December Contest Activity We’ve just ended one of the busiest times of the contest season. We can now slow down to a regular pace. The next trophy eligible contest will be the RTTY Roundup the first weekend in January. Sounds like FT8 is going to allowed in this run. Have fun diddlers. (Is someone running FT8 still a… Read More »