WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-03-26
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Vice President – Harry Hudson, K7LAZ
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Board Member – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Board Member – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Board Member – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Board Member – Kirk Bellar, N7UK
Past President – Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO (sitting in for Hillar Raamat, N6HR)
Elsie Raamat, N7YX
The minutes from the February 2007 meeting were accepted.
- New members: The Moran family, who passed their license exams at the Puyallup Swap. Emma – KE7MAM; Sam – KE7MAN; Caroline – KE7MAO. Also Joseph (Nick) Winter – K7MO.
- At the Puyallup Swap we got three renewals, and one new member (K7MO).
- Showed records for February 2007. Was accepted.
DX Convention Status:
- Prices have been negotiated with the Holiday Inn hotel.
- The registration fee will be $24; the Saturday evening dinner will be $35, and will be a choice of Prime Rib, Salmon, or Vegetarian; Sunday morning breakfast will be $20; 10% over the pre-convention reserved number for meals will be ok.
- The total for registration and dinner is $80.
- July 17th will be the cutoff date for room reservations at the convention price. Room are $109 each.
- Our convention web site will include payment by PayPal.
- Will need to rent a PA system and a large projection screen.
- Convention theme is, “Dxing from the Left Coast.”
- Web page status – Lots of content has been copied from the old web site. Bryan will move more as needed and requested.
- Salmon Run – Pretty much done from the 2006 contest. Rick, K7LOG, is printing certificates. Certificates will need to be signed. It costs about $10-$15 to buy and mail each salmon prize. People who have sponsored prizes have not been paying for those prizes in the past. That will have to stop, and those sponsoring prizes/plaques will have to pay up. We may need to expand the prize categories to fill in categories that seem to be missing.
- Traveling Trophy – Scores should be in before the convention, so the engraving should be done by convention time. This will include catching up on the engraving due for the last few years.
- 7QP Plaque – A plaque for the DX station with the highest score is currently not sponsored. The DX station would be a non-US, non-Canadian station, with a minimum of 50 contacts. Jim, K7WA, will contact the 7QP coordinators and propose the award. The cost of the plaque is about $22.
- Meeting Location – Bryan forgot to bring the tally of the votes by the membership, so nothing was decided at this meeting. He will e-mail the board members with the results of the voting and discussion by e-mail will ensue.
- Field Day 2007 – W7SNH is the Field Day chairman, and will need some station captains. Field Day will be held at Bryan’s place, as it was the last two years.
- Scarborough Dxpedition sponsoring – We haven’t been asked by the Dxpedition, and the procedure is that we don’t send money unless asked. N6MZ will be contacted by Denny, W7SNH.
Next general club meeting is in Lake City.
Next Traveling Trophy contest is CQ CW WPX contest at the end of May.