WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-06-25
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
Director – Kirk Bellar, N7UK
Director – Herb Holeman, W7ZF
President Emeritus – Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the May 2007 meeting were accepted.
- Received an e-mail from N4XP regarding the BS7H Dxpedition thanking the club for the donation. They said our members who contacted BS7H can get early confirmation from LOTW. Brian will put out an announcement on the club’s e-mail reflector soliciting members’ calls who worked BS7H and wish an early LOTW confirmation. He will then forward the list to N4XP.
- KI7Y forwarded a request by S21B in Bangladesh. His rig died and he is looking for a 160-10 meter rig for 230vac. The request from KX7YT will be put in the Tabloid and on the web site, but the club will not send any money because we normally fund Dxpeditions, but not individual requests of this sort. Individual members can donate if they wish.
- Received a note from the 7th Call Area QSO Party (7QP) sponsoring club that DL5AWI had won the plaque for the highest scoring DX station. This is the plaque that our club sponsored.
- The ARRL Bill Bennett Scholarship has been awarded to AD7DN. The recipient has sent a thank you, and it will be published in the Tabloid.
- Radio Club of Tacoma sent notice of their hamfest and swap on August 11, 2007. This is the same day as our Northwest DX Convention in Everett.
- The treasurer’s report was submitted and accepted. Money is coming in for the DX Convention registrations.
- Membership renewals have slowed way down. We have about 100 paid up members as of this meeting. Of the members who were paid up for 2006, 36 have not responded yet.
- Will set up ability for renewals via PayPal on the club website.
DX Convention Status:
- The registration desk will be open at the convention on Friday, August 10th, from 3-7pm, and on Saturday, August 11th, from 7:30am-1:00pm.
- Those who wish to attend the Sunday breakfast and have not prepaid can pay at the door.
- Registrations and slowly trickling in. Larger numbers of registrations are expected closer to the dates of the convention, if it follows the pattern of three years ago.
- The new web site is still working, and nothing has changed.
- Three of our club members won plaques in the 7QP contest. This will be printed in the Tabloid.
- The club repeater has no changes. King County RACES will not be using our repeater for their activities. The Bellevue ARES seems to be interested since the repeater covers their area fairly well. N7SIC will be writing up a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), and this will be presented to the board when and if it appears. Since our repeater does not have emergency power, the Bellevue club may be able to help with power. Alternately, Kirk, N7UK, may have a large Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) battery that could be used.
- Publicity has been sent out for the 2007 Salmon Run contest. The 2007 rules need to be put on the club’s web site. Electronic submission of logs will be encouraged. The Salmon Run is September 15th & 16th.
- The next contest that counts for the Traveling Trophy is the IARU HF World Championships, July 14th and 15th.
- Brian will send out another announcement looking for the club’s unused and unneeded equipment that will then be sold to interested parties.
The next general club meeting is July 10th in Issaquah at the Shanghai Garden Restaurant. This is a new location the club is trying out. Orders for food are taken by table, and there will be only one payment per table.