WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-09-24
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
President Emeritus – Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the July 2007 meeting were accepted.
- RW3GA requested membership in WWDXC with payment of dues. The board decided to make him an honorary member for one year, with no payment of dues during this time.
- WA7SRZ asked about the DXCC ladder that was started by Hillar, N6HR, before his passing. WA7SRZ is volunteering to run the DXCC ladder on the web page, and his offer was accepted by the board.
- The 1A4A operation of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta wrote a letter asking for donations in arrears. Excess funds above and beyond their expenses are to go to a hospital. They’re planning more operations in the future, possibly sometime in the next quarter. The board will find out where they stand in our “most wanted” list, and other needed lists, and this will be discussed the next meeting.
- The treasurer’s report was submitted and accepted. Most talk was about the costs and income from the DX Convention in August. There were $2274 worth of raffle tickets sold. The club made $1448.38 on the convention. This was helped by the fact that there were no major speaker expenses, such as airfare and room. There were 45 room booked at the hotel, most people staying 2 nights.
- The club now has 121 paid-up member renewals, plus 6 new member applications that came in during the last two months, which makes a current membership of 127 active paying members.
DX Convention Wrap-up:
- Mel Ming, N7GCO, did an outstanding job with the sound system and visual presentations.
- Things went went smoothly during the convention. The hotel is already booked for the next convention in 2010.
- The web site is going well. So far we have about $93 in credits from people clicking on the advertisements. We earn about $10 a month in the website advertisements clicks. We will get paid when this reaches $100.
- Herb Holeman was not present to report on the club’s repeater. The repeater is still up and running.
- The Salmon Run contest has received about 100 logs as of the board meeting, including about 25 paper logs. Most of the paper logs are not extensive, some showing just a few contacts. Several stations worked all Washington counties, all on 75 meters. There was lots of on-the-air activity during the contest.
- The next contest that counts for the Traveling Trophy is the CQ WW DX RTTY contest, which is September 29 and 30.
- The Elks Club has advised that the dinner prices are going up to $15 per person as of October 1st.
- The DXCC Ladder chairman is now WA7SRZ.
- There is a change to the Traveling Trophy rules. Any DXpedition points can be counted up to the same amount as the points reported by a club’s members operating from home, per each scored event.
The next general club meeting is October 9th in Lake City at the Elks Club.
The next board meeting is October 29th.