WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-10-29
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
Director – Kirk Bellar, N7UK
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the September 2007 meeting were accepted.
None received this month.
- The treasurer’s report was submitted and accepted. The current assets of the club reflects the income from recent membership renewals and the income from the DX Convention. Upcoming expenses includes the prizes for the Salmon Run held in September.
- No new members signed up since last month. About 20 members are out of sync with the normal June renewals, and their dues are due in December. Renewal notices will go out shortly to those members.
DX Convention Wrap-up:
- There is still $87.00 remaining in the PayPal account from the Convention registrations. We can easily withdraw only $500.00 per month from that account, which has already been done. The remainder will be withdrawn this coming month.
- The web site is going well. Our credits from people clicking on the advertisements is almost at $100, and that means we should get a $100 check from Google soon. We earn about $10 a month in the website advertisements clicks.
- Herb Holeman was not present to report on the club’s repeater. The repeater is still up and running.
- The Salmon Run contest has received 157 logs. No salmon has been purchased yet for prizes. $50 was received from the Wahkiakum County Contest Club to fund an award for a club station running 2 transmitters.
- The next contest that counts for the Traveling Trophy is the CQ WW DX CW contest, which is November 24 and 25. The CQ WW DX SSB contest has just passed at the end of October.
- The Sovereign Military Order of Malta requested funds for their operations from 1A0. That entity is number 28 on DX Magazine’s most needed list. The board voted to send $50 to further their operations.
- Club elections are coming up in December, which means that nominations are now open in November for the positions to be voted on, which are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two of the six Club Director positions.
Denny Bowman, W7SNH, called in by speaker phone during the last half of the meeting.
The next general club meeting is November 13th in Lake City at the Elks Club.
The next board meeting is November 26th.