WWDXC Board Meeting 2008-05-19
President – Adam Blackmer, K7EDX
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
Director – Herb Holeman, W7ZF
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the April 2008 board meeting were accepted.
- The club has received a letter from the ARRL Foundation that said Chris Renfow, KD7TDC of Ellensburg, WA, will receive the $500 William Bennett, W7PHO, Memorial Scholarship award for 2008. William Bennett was one of the WWDXC founders. The balance in the Scholarship fund was $10,737 as of 12/31/2007. Beginning this year the ARRL Foundation will be assessing administrative expenses to each scholarship fund. The yearly amount is expected to be less than 1% of the scholarship fund’s balance.
- Adam, K7EDX, received an e-mail from Paul, VE7BZ, in response to Denny’s, W7SNH’s, e-mail in February about the Spokane DX Club’s participation in hosting future DX conventions.
- The treasurers report was submitted and approved. Expenses last month were $104.51 and total assets of the club are $12,262.63.
- Jim, K7WA, sent in a message saying there were no new members this month. He had sent out 138 renewal notices and by May 19th had received 58 renewals. This added to 24 previously paid-up memberships means that 80 are still out there.
- Jim, K7WA, contacted the WWA ARRL Club Coordinator and updated the WWDXC information on the ARRL website.
- The club QSL card costs have gone up for shipping and taxes, so QSL fees will go to $80. Other costs will have to be readjusted.
- Discussion was held on the new ARRL “Fifth Pillar” of Technology, and how the club can capitalize on this.
- Discussed the club dues rates, and if we are on par with DX clubs across the country.
- Discussed the funding our club gives to Dxpeditions, and whether we should donate through NCDXF or just through our club alone. It was agreed that donating from our club alone was better as it gives our club name recognition.
- Field Day is June 28-29, 2008. The Field Day Committee met on May 8th. The basic logistics were handled. The committee will have a follow-up meeting before the event to finalize last minute details.
- Pacific Northwest DX Convention, Portland, OR, August 1-3, 2008. Our web site still needs a link to the convention website.
- We need a new Salmon Run chair.
The next general club meeting is June 10th in Lake City at the Elks Club. The program will be on the new K3 transceiver.
The next full board meeting is June 30, 2008.