WWDXC Board meeting March 31, 2014
Present were Kirk N7UK, Larry K7EKD, Marina N7LSL, Adam K7EDX, Dick K7BTW, Dennis K7DSE, Frank K7GSE, Walt K7ZQ and Bill W7VP.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The February, 2014 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- K7UR has offered the club some equipment as a donation.
- The February report was approved as submitted.
February ending cash balance was $25,097.23 with income of $250.15 and expenditures of $425.18.
- Jim, K7WA reported a dues paying membership count of 174 as of March 31, 2014.
- Salmon Run: Mike K7SR is to send out certificates and Dennis K7DSE is to mail out prizes.
- A chairperson for the upcoming 2015 DX convention sponsorship is still needed.
- Club QSL cards: The club logo has been redone and is available in multiple formats. Rather than staying with one printer, the consensus is to make artwork available and give members the flexibility to choose their own printer.
Columbia Amateur Radio Association has proposed a coordinated frequency sharing effort on our repeater frequency. ERP 50 watts 114.8 offset and radiating primarily to the west. The Board approved by voice vote a six month trial period in accordance with WWARA rules for establishing a repeater.
Kip W6SZN has now taken over as Tabloid Editor commencing May 1, 2014. The Board voted and approved Jack Fleming, WA0RJY a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the Tabloid.
Convention 2015 status: Adam put a hold on Convention rooms for August 8th and 9th, 2015 at the Everett Holiday Inn. Rob, N7QT is a potential candidate for Convention chairperson.
The Club Picnic has a tentative weekend date of the 2nd or 3rd week in August. Final location has not yet been determined.
The monthly dinner will occur at the 125th Street Grill on Aurora Avenue on Tuesday the 8th day of April, 2014. Mike Dinkleman N7WA will be presenting a short video on his operating experience at PJ2T.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM