WWDXC Board meeting November 30, 2015
Present were Adam K7EDX, Walt K7ZQ , Dick K7BTW, Larry K7EKD, Brian N7RVD, Frank K7GSE, Bill W7VP, Dennis K7DSE, Rich W6RS and Kirk N7UK.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The October 2015 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- Adam described his experience at VK9WA and the amount of work involved engaging in a DXpedition in order to bring us the rare ones. One of the Club’s primary purposes is to provide our support to these individuals.
- Funding for the Palmyra DXpedition, number 39 from the West Coast, was authorized for the amount of $200.
- The October report was approved as submitted.
- Cash balance 10/31/2015: $26,210.35 with income of $100.00 and expenditures of $555.00.
- Jim K7WA reports one renewal. Renewal letters will be going out prior to year end.
- Salmon Run: Prize types still need to be determined for international winners. Domestic winners will receive awards when list and addresses are complete.
- No requests were received for members to participate in Officer or Board positions. In this situation, the request will again be made at the dinner meeting. If no nomination is made, the present Board and Officers will remain under rules of acclamation.
- A motion was made and approved to move to plaques instead of $73 for MVP, MOY, and ROY award winners. The Board reviewed nominations and voted N7WA (Dink) as MVP, W6RS (Rich) as MOY, and K7VAP (Val) as ROY. The results will be announced at the December dinner meeting.
- Meeting attendance in November was approximately 30 attendees. The next dinner meeting will be Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at Robs 125 Street Grill for our annual Christmas dinner and enhanced raffle drawing.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE