WWDXC Board meeting April 27, 2015
Present were Rich W6RS, Brian N7RVD, Adam K7EDX, Frank K7GSE, Larry K7EKD, Jim K7WA, Dennis K7DSE, Walt K7ZQ, Marina N7LSL, Kirk N7UK, Bill W7VP and Dick K7BTW.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The March, 2015 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- A funding request was received for Heard Island VK0EK and Chesterfield TX3X DXpeditions. A motion was made and approved to fund $400 to VK0EK and $200 to TX3X. A thank-you letter was received from the Intrepid DX Group for funding VP8 South Sandwich and South Georgia Islands expeditions.
- Jim Pace K7CEX is looking for nominations to the DXCC Advisory Committee.
- Bill Everett W7OO now a silent key.
- The March report was approved as submitted.
- Cash balance 03/31/2015: $20,516.34 with income of $175.00 and expenditures of $825.00.
- Jim K7WA reports 2 new membership applications and 2 renewals.
- Salmon Run 2014 is now complete and certificates have been mailed. Overseas DX prize winners remains an open item for discussion due to Customs restraints.
- DX Convention update: Rich W6RS reports that 20 out of 40 rooms have been reserved. The Board authorized the purchase of 100 T-shirts. Rob N7QT volunteered to take photos. Kirk N7UK is organizing Press releases.
- Electronic web commerce for membership renewal and other business has been resolved.
- Marina N7LSL introduced preliminary information on the Cascadia Rising Simulated Emergency Exercise. This is an in depth drill that will have participation from Federal, State and Local agencies. They are looking for DX / Contest operators to participate due to their skills and ability to handle a high volume of contacts. More information will be available in the future.
- Meeting attendance April 14th was approximately 30 attendees. The monthly dinner will occur at the 125thStreet Grill on Aurora Avenue on Tuesday the 12th day of May, 2015. Adam VA7OJ will be discussing “Measuring Receiver Performance” as the program.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM