2016-09-26 Board Meeting Minutes
WWDXC Board meeting September 26, 2016
Present were Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Walt K7ZQ, Dick K7BTW, Larry K7EKD and Dennis K7DSE.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The August 2016 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- The Board authorized $500 to 3Y0Z for the Bouvet DXpedition, $100 extra for Club logo recognition.
- The Board discussed live feeds and recording of meetings proposed by a member. No outcome had been determined. The possibility of additional equipment, responsibility of publishing the content and to what extent would need further consideration.
- The August report was approved as submitted.
- Cash balance 8/31/2016: $24,337.96, income of $550.16 and expenditures of $1.03.
- Jim K7WA reported 2 renewals in September.
- Jim K7WA reported 256 Salmon Run logs received as of this date.
- Member comments were noted as to spread the word to rarer counties to move to higher bands during the contest to allow more distant stations to work them.
- The Board discussed dinner meeting format whether to put raffles before or after the guest speaker. Each had its own advantage or disadvantage and no final conclusion was drawn.
- The Board discussed member comments on RFI tools owned by the Club. Although, the idea was not discarded, the responsibility for this type of equipment if it breaks or gets damaged, the returning to the Club which does not have a designated person poses concerns for additional consideration.
- The next dinner meeting will be Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at Robs 125 Street Grill. The program will be a video presentation on the FT4JA group. September attendance was approximately 28 attendees.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE