WWDXC Board meeting January 29th, 2018
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Brian N7RVD, Larry K7EKD, Rich W6RS, Walt K7ZQ, Tom NU7J, John KE7B and Dennis K7DSE.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
• The November 2017 minutes were approved by voice vote.
• A thank you letter was received from the 3C0L Equatorial Guinea DXpedition.
• The Pacific NW DX Convention website now accommodates registration for both room and convention at Vancouver BC.
• The November and December reports were approved as submitted.
• Cash balance 11/30/2017: $22,189.54. November income of $75.67 and expenditures of $743.59.
• Cash balance 12/31/2017: $21,521.62, December income of $25.64 and expenditures of $1,201.00.
• Jim K7WA reports 32 renewals out of 62 letters sent in December and currently 148 active members.
• A motion was made and approved to port to the new Club website. John, KE7B volunteered to act as a point of contact and back up Bengt, K7ADD to expedite the transition.
• The Board revisited the ARRL Board of Directors Code of Conduct. It was determined to wait until ARRL minutes became available and see how the Western Directors voted before further discussion.
• A Club member inquired as to the Club’s policy regarding Silent Keys (SK) assistance.
The Club does not have a formal policy at this time. Considerations are liability (as in the case of taking down a tower) and dealing with heirs. Aside from these considerations, the Board feels that it can publish guidelines, create a written brochure or the like to offer assistance. This will be discussed in future meetings.
• The next meeting will be February 6, 2017 at Robs 125 Street Grill.
• The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE