WWDXC Board meeting August 27, 2018
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Walt K7ZQ, Rich W6RS, John W7CD, Brian N7RVD, Larry K7EKD, Kirk N7UK, Tom NU7J and Dennis K7DSE.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The June 2018 minutes were approved by voice vote
- No meeting for July.
- Mayotte Expedition funding request was approved for the amount of $100.
- Ducie Island Expedition funding request was approved for the amount of $300.
- The June and July reports were approved by voice vote.
- June: Cash balance: $21,215.48, Income $75.65 Expenditures $252.00
- July: Cash balance: $21,872.24, Income $775.67 Expenditures $118.91
Jim K7WA reports 81 renewals sent out in July with 45 renewals received. 69 active members paid through 12/31/2018. The Club welcomes new member Dale Osterud, W7GAB
Rob, N7QT expressed concern regarding the time and effort involved in assisting Silent Keys (SK) estates. The overall benefit to the Club leads to further discussion.
- The Board extends its gratitude to Jim K7WA for his years of dedication to making Salmon Run successful and thanks Mike (Dink), N7WA for accepting duties in transition.
- The Club still without a Tabloid Editor has expanded its website to accommodate items for sale by its Members that were originally published in the Letter.
- DX Convention Planning: In an effort to fill slots without an acting Convention Chair, the Board members have offered to assist in needed slots as follows:
PNWDXC Website Maintenance: John W7CD
Hotel Food and Beverage, Audio Visual: Rich W6RS
Program Speakers: John W7CD
Lobby Reception, Registration: Unknown
Hourly Drawings: Walt K7ZQ
Hospitality Room: Rob N7QT
Raffle Ticket Sales: Tom NU7J
Printing/Collating/Packet Stuffing: Dennis K7DSE
PR/Media: Dennis K7DSE
Accounting/Treasurer: Brian N7RVD
- The dinner meeting will be on September 11, 2018 at Robs 125 Street Grill. Guest speaker will be Mike Ritz, W7VO president of the Willamette Valley DX Club whom is running for ARRL Northwester Division Director.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE