WWDXC Board meeting November 26, 2018
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Rich W6RS, Larry K7EKD, Walt K7ZQ, Kirk N7UK, Tom NU7J, John W7CD and Dennis K7DSE.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
* The October 2018 minutes were approved by voice vote
* The EP6RRC Iran Dxpedition funding request was approved for the amount of $400.
* The October report was approved by voice vote.
* Cash balance: $17,827.26, Income $25.00 Expenditures $70.28.
* The Board received resignation from Jim K7WA. The Board extends its sincerest thanks after many years of service for his efforts. Review of the database, potential relocation of the Club PO Box, and other administrative matters will be examined for continuation of the membership process.
* Although many Club members voted for an online membership roster, not enough responses were gathered to make it definitive for publishing.
* The W7DX call sign trustee position is still open.
* The Board is pleased to announce the Annual Club awards are as follows:
Johnny Dack Lifetime Achievement Awards:
– Rick KT7G for his years as W7DX trustee
– Jim K7WA for his years of dedication to membership administration and Salmon Run.
Most Valuable Player:
– Dick K7BTW for promoting contest activities at his qth and other Club contributions
Member of the Year:
– Bengt K7ADD for his efforts in the implementation and redesign of the Club website.
* Elections are in December with voting at the dinner meeting.
* Rob expressed concern over some threads that may be too lengthy and personal on groups.io. Code of conduct, paid member only posts are examples for consideration of a site moderator.
* Kirk is reviewing the possible relocation of the W7DX Club repeater to West Seattle.
* The dinner meeting will be on December 11, 2018 at Robs 125 Street Grill. The Club will host its annual Christmas party.
* The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE