WWDXC Board meeting March 30, 2021
Present were Rob N7QT, Justin K5EM, Jack N7JP, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Rusty W6OAT, Tom NU7J, Rich W6RS, Dennis K7DSE, and Brian N7RVD.
Note: This meeting was held virtually via the Zoom platform.
Rob opened the meeting with Adam co-hosting at 7:00pm PST.
- The February 2021 minutes were approved by voice vote
- The A25RU Botswana DXpedition was approved for $200 funding
- It is with great sadness to report that Mike K7R is silent key
- The Board approved Niagara Frontier Radiosport Club’s offer to sponsor the single operator mixed mode entry in this year’s Salmon Run. Sponsorship is by NS2N in memory of Lonnie Keller, WA2AOG
- The February 2021 report was approved by voice vote
- Cash balance 02/28/21: $29,051.91
- Income December: $100.18
- Expenditures: $0.00
- Dennis, K7DSE reports 157 active members.
- Dennis to revise membership application form on Club website and present it to the Board for approval
- Those that miss the monthly meetings may send a request to Rob N7QT for a link to the presentation. Approval may be needed by the presenter
- Due to overwhelming response of clubs and individuals wanting to sponsor a Salmon Run plaque, a committee has been formed. Rusty W6OAT, Tom NU7J, Kirk N7UK, and Justin K5EM will re-examine the entry categories and propose any changes to the Board
- Club History: Rob KD7H volunteered to assist in gathering and organizing Club historical documents as time permits. Club members are encourage to submit memorabilia they feel may be enjoyed by others
- The Pacific NW DX Convention will be sponsored by the Spokane DX Association in August, 2022
- Post COVID in person meetings will be discussed further. Online presentations have provided members that are in distant locations or unable to drive in the evenings an opportunity to attend
- The April 13, 2021 online Zoom presentation will be presented by Craig, K9CT. Craig will share some thoughts from his prominent history on VHF station building, and contest strategies from a fixed station perspective. A meeting invitation will be sent via email
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE