- The meeting was called to order at 7 pm PST by Adam, K7EDX. Also present were Robin WA7CPA, Rich W6RS, Jack N7JP, Adam K7EDX, Justin K5EM, Dennis K7DSE, Rusty, W6OAT, Marv K7IU, and Tom, NU7J.
- The March minutes were approved.
- No new correspondence. No new dxpedition funding requests.
- SK Estate Sale Update: The only remaining club-owned item to sell is the microHAM Six Switch.
- Treasurer’s Report: The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of 04/26/2022 shows cash balance in treasury of $8,461.76. Income for April was $ 2,600, from estate equipment proceeds, plus a $200 donation. Expenditures for April, 2022 totaled $2,467.36, primarily for purchase of club projector and for club picnic expenses. Last month’s Treasury report was approved.
- Membership Report: Jack N7JP reported 5 renewals, and 1 new member. There are 165 active members as of April 26, 2022. The Salmon Run committee will meet to review and finalized the rules changes. Dennis K7DSE reported that he’s purchased and received the projector from Amazon.
- The Board agreed to explore methods of conducting club elections outside of the normal December monthly meeting. The goal is to hold the election approx. one week before the December meeting. The reason for this is to avoid disrupting the meeting and to allow members to vote even if they are not able to attend the December meeting.
- The Board reviewed the bylaws and agreed to certain changes. Further review and discussion is needed to complete and finalize the update to our bylaws.
- The Board discussed the possible need for raising membership dues from $25 to $30, in order to ensure adequate funds for holding the next DX convention. (Note that the dues have not changed in over 20 years and have not kept up with inflation). This discussion was tabled and needs to be discussed with the full Board quorum.
- Justin shared the proposed Salmon Run Rules changes and collected additional feedback from the Board, including a change to allow the Expedition Class to operate mobile, to and from the various expedition sites. Justin to coordinate further and re- send the proposed changes to the Board via e-mail.
Tom Sykes, NU7J