WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes, July 26, 2022
- Meeting called to order by club Vice President, Adam K7EDX. In attendance were Robin WA7CPA; Dennis K7DSE; Adam K7EDX; Jack N7JP, Rusty W6OAT, Justin K5EM/TI2, Tom NU7J.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved previous meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: None
- Treasurer Report: Approved previous Treasurer report. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of 07/25/2022 shows total cash balance in treasury of $28,976.77.
- Membership report by Jack N7JP: 169 active members, 3 new members, 21 renewals.
- Old Business
- Salmon Run update: Tom N7UJ is in the process of coordinating with plaque sponsors. Cost of plaques is set at $73.
- Annual Club Picnic: Robin WA7CPA is coordinating with venues in Port Townsend area for the July 2023 picnic. One possibility is at Fort Warden State Park. If possible, the day will be switched to a Saturday instead of Sunday to facilitate ferry travel.
- Bylaws Update Project: Reviewed Bylaw edits. Further reviews are needed prior to approving edits made thus far. The review process will continue via email amongst board members, and in upcoming board meetings until complete.
- Hybrid Zoom Meetings: Discussed possible venues for future hybrid meetings. Further discussion is needed.
- New Business
- ARRL scholarship – Received notice from K9JF last month, concerning ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Discussed increasing W7PHO Scholarship amount from $1500 to $2500 per year for four years. At this rate, the funds will be spent after 4 years, and scholarship would be terminated. Also discussed having FAR (Foundation for Amateur Radio) administer scholarship. Further discussion is needed.
- Meeting adjourned at approximately 9:00 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.