WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes, February 28, 2023
- Meeting called to order at 7:06 PM by Adam, K7EDX. In attendance were Adam K7EDX; Robin
WA7CPA; Dennis K7DSE; Tom NU7J; Marv K7IU; Jack N7JPl Justin K5EM.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved Jan 31, 2023 meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: No new correspondence.
- Treasurer Report:
- Approved year-end Treasurer report from Dec 2022. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of Feb 27, 2023 reported a total cash balance in treasury of $27,292.47.
- Discussed opening a second savings account at an FDIC approved, on-line bank. i.e. breadfinancial.com. (Current interest rate at Bread Financial is 4%). On-line savings accounts can be linked to primary checking accounts, for money transfers.
- Membership report by Jack N7JP: No change (165 active members).
- Old Business
- Bylawys Update Project: The revised by-laws will be sent to members to be reviewed in advance of a vote at a future meeting.
- ARRL scholarship administrative changes: K9JF has informed us that there have been ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Tom NU7J to follow up with Jim K9JF to see what if any action is needed.
- New Business
- March program: Mark Wholschlegel, WC3W: DX Marathon
- April program: Most likely Al Rovner, K7AR
- WWDXC to have recruiting table at Mike & Key Hamfest on March 11.
- Volunteers On the Air (VOTA) – mid March. Mitch K7RL is coordinating this event.
- 2023 Budget: Presented by Dennis K7DSE. Reviewed and approved.
- Help Needed: Club volunteer (non-Board member) needed to coordinate, purchase and distribute the Salmon Run clean sweep glasses next year. Also need IT volunteer to take care of administrative tasks associated with Salmon Run contest scoring. Salmon Run committee to meet later in spring to identify volunteer.
- Discussed and agreed upon price to charge for summer picnic. $30 adult. $10 for children ages 10 and over. Free for younger children.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:21 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.