WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes – 30 May, 2023
- Meeting called to order at 7:05 PM by Adam, K7EDX. In attendance were Adam K7EDX; Robin WA7CPA; Rich W6RS; Dennis K7DSE; Tom NU7J; Jack N7JP; Justin K5EM.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved 25 April, 2023 meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: 2 Membership renewals, 1 picnic payment, 1 insurance bill. No new requests for DXpedition donations.
- Treasurer Report: Approved March Treasurer report. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of May 30, 2023 reported a total balance in treasury of $27,155.14. Board agreed to open a High Yield Savings account at Live Oak Bank, and transfer $15K into account, which currently yields approximately 4% APR.
- Membership report: 163 active members;2 renewals
- Old Business
- Bylaws Update Project: Feedback on Bylaw updates has been incorporated and will be published accordingly. The WWDXC website will be updated to include a new link to the old and new Bylaws, and responses document, addressing membership questions. Further discussion and action is needed regarding legal process for filing non-profit paperwork with State of WA (Sec of State office). Board agreed to have an attorney review Bylaws. Robin to contact non-profit attorney. Board approved spending up to $1000 in legal fees, if necessary.
- ARRL scholarship administrative changes – K9JF has informed us that there have been ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Tom NU7J to follow up with Jim K9JF to see what if any action is needed.
- Help Needed: Club volunteer (non-Board member) needed to coordinate, purchase and distribute the Salmon Run clean sweep glasses next year. Also need IT volunteer to take care of administrative tasks associated with Salmon Run contest scoring. Salmon Run committee to meet later in spring to identify volunteer.
- Picnic planning: Robin provided update and will send email to groups.io.
- New Business
- Robert’s Rules of Order: Board agreed purchase electronic copy of Robert’s Rules of Order.
- June Program: Yuri, Cuba IOTA DXpedition.
- 2024 DX Convention Planning Discussion: Convention chair is needed. Requested dates are available at venue. Rich W6RS is coordinating with hotel to obtain quote for convention.
- July meeting: Club Picnic in lieu of Zoom meeting.
- Salmon Run Rules change: Board approved rule to allow self-spotting. This is being done to encourage more SOTA and POTA activity. This is consistent with 7QP and many other QSO parties.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.