PNW CHALLENGE TROPHY COMPETITION RULES
Updated in Spokane, WA on August 08, 2009
The participating clubs in the PNW Challenge are: BCDX Club, Western Washington DX Club, Willamette Valley DX Club and the Spokane DX Association
Operations are restricted to stations (physically located) in an area enclosed by the boundaries of BC, WA, OR and ID. No remote station operations outside the established boundary are allowed (even if the control point is within the allowed area) to participate in this competition. In addition, DXpeditions in any form are excluded for this competition.
IN REGION STATION – is a Club member’s station in one of the 4 geographic areas noted above or a station (of a non-Club member) that is physically located within the overall club region boundary at which at least one operator is a member of one of the participating clubs.
A member may allocate his share of the points accumulated at a station to any or all of the clubs in any proportion that he chooses.
IN REGION STATION
1. If the station belongs to a member (not the call used, the physical station) then the share of the points accruing to a particular member is equal to the total points made by the station divided by the number of members operating that station.
- Ops who are not a member of any of the clubs are ignored in this calculation.
- e.g. VE7FO makes 1M points (well, maybe someday). He has 10 newbie ops who don’t belong to any of the 3 clubs, himself, 2 ops from WWDXC and 1 from WVDXC. The members each get 1/4 of the total points or 250K to allocate as they see fit. Normally this would mean that BCDXC gets 1/4 = 250k points, WWDXC gets 2/4 = 500k and WVDXC gets 1/4 = 250k.
- VE7UF makes 2M points. There are 4 ops, 2 of whom are members of BCDXC and 2 are not members of any of the clubs. Each member gets 1/2 = 1M points to allocate.
- The object of this rule is to encourage members to open their stations to newbies in hopes that they will become contest ops.
2. If the station does not belong to a member then the share of the points accruing to a particular member is equal to the total points made by the station times the number of members operating that station divided by the total number of operators.
- e.g. VE7GL (a non-member) makes 4M points. There are 8 ops. 1 belongs to BCDXC and 2 to WWDXC. The rest are non-members. Each member gets 1/8 = 500k points to allocate as they see fit.
OUT OF REGION STATION — No out of region or DXpedition generated points will be counted towards the PNW Cup score.
TOTAL POINTS WHICH CAN BE CLAIMED FOR A PARTICULAR CONTEST
IN REGION POINTS – are the total number of points allocated to a club by all the “In Region” members and the TOTAL CLUB SCORE is the sum of all activity for a given Club.
The participating clubs in the PNW Challenge are: BCDX Club, Western Washington DX Club, Willamette Valley DX Club and the Spokane DX Association.
For the purpose of the PNW Cup competition, a club member is defined as follows:
- a) Is a member in good standing of at least one of the clubs at the time of a contest. In good standing” means that he or she has joined the club before the contest in question.
- b) The member must: reside within the overall club region boundary at the time of that particular contest OR have operated from a station (not necessarily a member’s station) within the overall club region boundary in that particular contest.
- The foregoing means that honourary or life members can participate provided they meet the requirements in (b). This is a good thing, given that we’re trying to encourage more contest activity by our club members.
CONTESTS TO WHICH THE RULES APPLY (in chronological order)
1. CQWWDX RTTY
2. CQWWDX SSB
3. CQWWDX CW
4. ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP
5. CQWPX RTTY
6. ARRL DX CW
7. ARRL DX SSB
8. CQ WPX SSB
9. CQ WPX CW
These updated rules are the result of face-to-face discussion that took place on August 08, 2009 in Spokane, WA between the decision makers representing the four (4) Clubs that comprise the PNW Club competition. All members are in agreement.
Updated by Paul, VE7BZ