WWDXC Board Meeting 2008-01-31
President – Adam Blackmer, K7EDX
Vice President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Kirk Bellar, N7UK
Note: The Board Meeting scheduled on 01-28-2008 was cancelled due to bad weather. This board meeting was held by telephone conference on 01-31-2008.
The minutes from the November 2007 board meeting were accepted.
· Received a funding request from the VP6DX, Ducie Island, Dxpedition. This shows up at #76 in most-wanted entities in 2007 in the Jan-Feb 2008 DX Magazine. Funding of $50 was approved.
· Received funding request from 9X0R, Rwanda, DXpedition. This is #45 on DX Magazine’s 2007 most-wanted list. Funding of $100 was approved.
· Received funding request from the TI9KK, Cocos Island, Dxpedition. This is #72 on DX Magazine’s 2007 most-wanted list. Funding of $50 was approved.
- Went over the income and expenditures from 2007.
- Member of the Year and Lifetime Achievement yearly awards include up to a $73.00 monetary award, meant to be used for the awardee and significant other to go out to dinner, with a receipt required up to the amount of the award, which will then be reimbursed. After discussion, the Most Valuable Player award was added to this monetary award.
- Allotment for club badges was increased to $170 per year.
- The Field Day budget was increased from $250 to $300.
- The annual Club Picnic budget was increased from $400 to $500.
- The amount available for 2008 to be used to fund DXpedition requests was increased from $300 to $600.
- The 2008 budget was approved as modified
- Much of this budget increase was permitted due to the amount the club made this year on the profit from the DX Convention in August 2007.
- There was one renewal and one new membership during the last month.
- KT7G, the W7DX club call trustee, has requested that the club print new QSL cards for the W7DX call due to existing card stock being depleted. Two thousand cards were approved to be printed. The club’s Post Office box address will be put on the new cards.
- There was discussion on the Club’s table at the upcoming Mike & Key Ham Swap in Puyallup on March 8th. It was suggested that a laptop computer with flat-panel display of QSL cards, a QSL card 3-ring binder, and DXpedition displays be among those things used to generate interest at the table.
- There was discussion on the feasibility of an alternate meeting location, possibly on the East and/or South sides.
The next general club meeting is February 12th in Lake City at the Elks Club.
The next full board meeting is February 25, 2008.