WWDXC Board Meeting 2008-06-30
President – Adam Blackmer, K7EDX
Vice President – Brian Moran – N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
President Emeritus, Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the May 2008 board meeting were accepted.
· The club received a letter from the group going to A5, Bhutan, in November 2008, asking for financial support. Bhutan is #23 in the 2007 West Coast Most Wanted list. $200 was approved for support.
· An e-mail was received from Kim, AC7YY. A Google group has been formed for ARRL affiliated clubs. Also a “blog” has been set up. All this has been formed for the clubs to keep in touch with each other.
- The treasurer's report was submitted and approved. Major expenses last month were $320 for the club’s liability insurance and $150 for repeater site rental.
- Voted to move $2000.00 from checking and $1000 from savings and put it into the CD (or a new CD). This is dependent on what the bank’s minimum is for such things.
- Voted to reimburse last month’s program speaker (on the K3 transceiver) for meals and travel expenses.
- Received application for new membership from N2SI.
- Renewal status shows that 24 members had previously paid up at least through December 2008. 138 renewal letters were sent out and 116 renewed.
- Brian, N9ADG, will set up Pay Pal info on the web page to pay for annual dues via that method.
- There are 25,000 club QSL cards still available with pre-printed background information. The club QSL card costs have gone up to $116 per thousand for new setups, $86 per thousand for reorders with no changes, and $20 per thousand for each extra 1000 cards. An invitation will go out to Roger, W7VV, to attend an upcoming board meeting to discuss the costs and the club’s relationship with Olympic Press with regards to QSL card printing.
- On a case-by-case basis the board will decide which DXpedition groups will get funding from the club above and beyond what may be the budgeted fee for such DXpeditions.
- The DXpedition funding will normally be as follows as pertains to the top needed West Coast most needed locations:
Top 25 = $200
26-50 = $100
51-100 = $50
- Denny reported on the club’s Field Day operation. About 11 people showed up. All operations were from one tent.
- Pacific Northwest DX Convention, Portland, OR, August 1-3, 2008.
- Club picnic is on August 16, 2008.
- There may be a rule change for mobiles vs. expeditions for this year’s Salmon Run. This is to have mobiles capable of operating only while in motion, and would eliminate the capability of mobiles setting up temporary antennas when stopped at a location. If the mobile sets up temporary antennas during the stop, then it would be considered an expedition operation.
The next general club meeting is July 8th in Lake City at the Elks Club. The program will be on the 6Y expedition by N7ZG.
There will be no general club meeting in early August due to the club picnic in early August.
The next full board meeting is August 25, 2008. There will be no board meeting at the end of July due to the club picnic in early August.