- ...sponsors the Washington State Salmon Run annual operating contest.
- ...competes for the Pacific Northwest Challenge Cup Traveling Trophy.
- ...sponsors several awards including the Washington Totem Award.
- ...administers the William Bennett W7PHO Scholarship.
- ...helps fund DXpeditions to wanted DXCC entities.
- ...hosts the Pacific Northwest DX Convention.
- ...runs the 147.00 MHz < -600, PL103.5> W7DX FM repeater.
At the Club’s annual Christmas dinner on December 11th, President Rob Fanfant presented the WWDXC membership awards. Among this year’s winners were: Most Valuable Player: N6KW Chuck Miller. As Trustee for the W7DX license, Chuck performed yeoman duty to ensure all hams worldwide who worked us would receive a QSL card in the mail. During the Salmon Run… Read More »
As many already know, Chuck passed away Sunday November 24, 2019. A memorial service will be held this coming Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. Location: Seattle Labor Temple 2800 1st Avenue in Seattle Building is on the East side of the street between Clay St and Broad St Entrance on the South end of the block… Read More »
We have a poll for you! Please give us you input. Most of you were probably planning to enjoy the weekend off, but it turns out there are TWO contests occurring during the first full weekend in December. These are not classics, but we’re curious to see the interests of our members. What will you do?
It is with great sadness that we report the passing of Chuck Miller, N6KW, on Sunday, November 24th. Chuck was an avid contester, both HF with the K7RI team, and VHF/UHF with the PNW VHF Society. Chuck also served as the trustee for W7DX, the WWDXC call, and handled all the club QSL card requests. He was recently… Read More »
We’ve posted the results of the 2019 Salmon Run. There were 337 logs received before the deadline, which is more than the past few years. That’s a great sign – that even as the Solar Cycle declines and the bands become challenging, the Salmon Run is growing in popularity.