WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-05-21
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Vice President – Harry Hudson, K7LAZ
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Herb Holeman, W7ZF
President Emeritus – Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
Elsie Raamat, N7YX
The minutes from the April 2007 meeting were accepted.
(Jim Hadlock not present – No new correspondence available)
- The bank issued a credit for the wrong check order.
(Jim Hadlock not present – No membership info available)
- Annual membership renewals are due.
DX Convention Status:
- Next committee meeting at 6pm on June 25th, just before the board meeting. Final committee meeting on July 30th.
- Talked about using lanyards to hold name badges.
- Mel Ming, N7GCO, to head up audio-visual operations for the convention.
- Talked about posting on web site a list of those registered for the convention.
- Web Site: We’re getting some income from hits on the advertisements. Got $5.72 in the last 21 days from the ad clicks.
- The Club Repeater: Looking at a new site near the top of Cougar Mountain, about 1130 feet AMSL, in a school. Good coverage to the North, West and South. Partial shadowing to the Northwest. Will look at this and other possible new sites but will not do anything soon.
- Field Day: No Field Day operation this year by the club unless someone is willing to spearhead the effort.
- Salmon Run: (Jim Hadlock not present to report.)
- Traveling Trophy: Our club may be way ahead in points, but that is subject to the other clubs forwarding all their scores, and they may be way behind in reporting.
- New meeting location at Shanghai Garden at Issaquah in July. They will only bill by the table, not by each individual. Hopefully this will work out ok.
- WWDXC scrap and unused items: We need to find out what we still have and may have a silent auction to dispose of this stuff. This may include whatever is left over from the tower-erecting equipment and safety belts, etc. The board had previously determined that there is a liability problem with some pieces being out of current specs. May also review selling other stuff the club owns but isn’t using any more.
- Use of the WWDXC Reflector: Some people have differing views as to what’s a commercial posting and what’s not. No guidelines exist. No action is to be taken at this time.
- Since last meeting, Board Member Hillar Raamat, N6HR, passed away. A review of the club by-laws showed that the president of the club can fill any specific vacancies on the board. Elsie Raamat, N7YX, was nominated and voting was passed to appoint her to fill Hillar’s Director position through the remainder of the term, which will be the end of 2007.
Next general club meeting is June 12th in Lake City.
Next Traveling Trophy contest is CQ CW WPX contest at the end of May.