WWDXC Board Meeting 2007-07-30
President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
Director – Herb Holeman, W7ZF
President Emeritus – Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the June 2007 meeting were accepted.
- The treasurer’s report was submitted and accepted. Money came in for the DX Convention registrations and membership dues renewals.
- Jim Hadlock, N7WA, not present for membership info. We received $800 in June, at $25 per person, that is 32 renewals.
DX Convention Status:
- As of meeting time we had about 91 registrations. Three years ago about 20 people registered on the day of the convention.
- The new web site is still up. So far we have about $53 in credits from people clicking on the advertisements. We will get paid when this reached $100.
- The club repeater has no changes. The yearly contribution for site rental has been paid.
- Jim, N7WA, is not present to give an update on the Salmon Run. It’s coming up in September, before the next board meeting.
- The next contest that counts for the Traveling Trophy is next year. The Trophy will be engraved up to this year, at least. The latest word is that our club won again this year. It appears the Willamette and British Columbia clubs may not be happy with the current rules.
- The Issaquah meeting location was successful. Service was very fast. However, some tables came out short on money, and Brian (N9ADG) and Roger (W7VV) paid more than their share by quite a bit. It was moved and passed to reimburse them for their excess expenditure. There may be a move to eat family style at this restaurant, with each attendee paying a fixed amount, not to include any drinks they may have, which will have to be paid separately, up front.
The next general club meeting is September 11th in Lake City at the Elks Club
The next board meeting is in September.