WWDXC Board Meeting 2008-02-25
President – Adam Blackmer, K7EDX
Vice President – Brian Moran, N9ADG
Secretary – Alan Burgstahler, N7BF
Treasurer – Marina Zuetell, N7LSL
Director – Dick Swanson, K7BTW
Director – Jim Hadlock, K7WA
Director – Joe Gregory, W7QN
Director – Elsie Raamat, N7YX
Director – Kirk Bellar, N7UK
Director – Herb Holeman, W7ZF
President Emeritus, Denny Bowman, W7SNH
Pat Shinners, W7GTO
The minutes from the January 2008 board meeting were accepted.
- The ARRL has sent us a bill for the two plaques that we sponsor for the ARRL CW and SSB DX Contests. These are for the top low-power Japanese stations.
- The treasurer’s report for January 2008 was submitted and approved.
- One new member as of the last meeting, Gordon Bousman – N9BHH.
- K7WA reports that all 2007 Salmon Run business is all wrapped up. All plaques and certificates have been sent.
- Talked about staffing the club’s table at the upcoming Puyallup Swap Meet.
- In the past, the British Columbia DX Club, and the Willamette Valley DX Club have rotated the Northwest DX Convention with our club, one club putting on the DX Convention each year, for a three year rotation. The Spokane DX Association wishes to become part of this, and is currently planning to host the DX Convention in 2009. That means the Convention will be in Vancouver, BC, in 2010, and back to the Seattle area in 2011. Plans are continuing.
- Ward, N0AX, has sent the club a request from the ARRL Contest Advisory Committee for input to the Committee. This will be circulated to the membership for comment.
- After the last club meeting, which used the Internet connection from the Elks Club in the presentation, the connection was not returned to its proper location, and their Internet no longer worked. Due to no one being available to fix this problem, Brian, N9ADG, had to get a company to go to the Elks Club to fix the problem, incurring about a $100.00 charge for the work. The board agreed to reimburse Brian for this expense.
- Denny, W7SNH, will coordinate the club’s Field Day, which will be held at Brian’s house and yard.
- The club is looking for a location for the annual club picnic, which will be held in August on a weekend to be determined.
- K7WA was presented with the club’s Totem Award for contacts he made in November 2007 from VP5, as VP5/K7WA.
The next general club meeting is March 11th in Lake City at the Elks Club.
The next full board meeting is March 31, 2008.