WWDXC Board meeting June 29, 2015
Present were Brian N7RVD, Adam K7EDX, Dennis K7DSE, Walt K7ZQ, Dick K7BTW, Kirk N7UK, Rich W6RS, Jim K7WA, and Larry K7EKD.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The May, 2015 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- Tobin Meyers, KG7NDA of Scottsdale, AZ is the recipient of $500 from the W7PHO Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Funding request for VK9WA Willis Island DXpedition during November 2015 consisting of Club members in the team.
- The May report was approved as submitted.
- Cash balance 05/31/2015: $26,750.70 with income of $3,185.00 ($3,111.00 from DX Convention receipts) and expenditures of $673.00.
- Jim K7WA reports two new members: Steve N7MKO and Dennis K7FL with 59 out of 112 renewal dues received.
- Cascadia Rising Simulated Emergency Exercise: Members whom attended the preliminary meeting report that the exercise is still in organizational stages.
- DX Convention update: Rich, W6RS reports 110 registrations, with 70 rooms reserved and 25% occupancy remaining. The discounted rate is lost after 90% occupancy. Sponsors and speakers have been secured. More information at pacificnwdxconvention.com. A $500 funding request was made for additional Door Prizes. A motion was presented and approved by vote for the $500 amount.
- The Club is still in need of a Badge person.
- DXpedition funding criteria. The Board discussed various data sources to determine “Most Wanted”. It was decided that Club Log was the most current and updated most frequently. The Board adopted Club Log, North America as the source to be used for determining funding requests. If West Coast became available, then that would be used. Also discussed were Club Members going on DXpeditions. The categories were formal DXpeditions and holiday style. A motion was made to fund Club Members two times the standard rate for formal DXpeditions and the normal rate for holiday style. This motion was approved by a unanimous vote with provision that the Board reserves the right at its discretion to make exceptions.
- The Board authorized disbursement of $400 to the VK9WA Willis Island DXpedition in accordance with the new policy.
- Meeting attendance June 9h was approximately 33 attendees. The monthly dinner will occur at the 125thStreet Grill on Aurora Avenue on Tuesday the 14th day of July, 2015. The program will be the FT5ZM video named the 2014 DXpedition of the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE