Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Brian N7RVD, Larry K7EKD, Rich W6RS, Walt K7ZQ, Tom NU7J, John
KE7B and Dennis K7DSE.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The January 2018 minutes were approved by voice vote.
- The Board voted by majority to not fund the Z32ZM (Z68M) request. The primary reason is that there are a number of active stations in Kosovo. Board members would consider funding directly to a Club if presented with the request.
- 3C0L sent a video link along with a thank you for funding.
- The January reports were approved as submitted.
- Cash balance 01/31/2017: $21,200.05. January income of $775.67 and expenditures of $1,097.24.
- Membership update was not available for this meeting.
- A motion was made and approved to gain access to DNS controls for the website. Adam is to follow up with Brian N9ADG.
- Silent Key guidelines: Mentioned was that Kip W6SZN could write an article. That transcript could be put in a brochure that would be made available to Club Members.
- No opinion was yet formulated regarding the ARRL Board of Directors Code of Conduct.
- Traveling trophy content is needed for the Club Website. Rob will follow up with Mike N7WA. Goals are a potential normalization of point distribution and rule clarification.
- The Board discussed moving the dinner meeting time from 6:30 to 8:30pm with presentation beginning at 7pm. This would allow people travelling to the meeting by ferry time to view the entire meeting without the necessity of leaving early.
- The next meeting will be March 13, 2018 at Robs 125 Street Grill. The standard dinner fee is now $25. This is necessary to maintain a meeting site and pay for room rental. Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF will be presenting on Kosovo becoming a new DXCC entity.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE