WWDXC Board meeting September 30, 2019
Present were Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Tom NU7J, John W7CD, Larry K7EKD, Walt K7ZQ, Dennis K7DSE and guest Rusty W6OAT.
Adam opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
* The August 2019 minutes were approved by voice vote
No new correspondence
* The August report was approved by voice vote.
* Cash balance 8/31/19: $29,988.10, Income August: $9,296.85 and Expenditures $15,821.11.
Income and expenditures were primarily Convention related.
* Dennis, K7DSE reports 164 total members with 143 being current on dues to this date.
* W7TSQ estate equipment sold for $400. $200 is owed to the family.
* The Club repeater was discussed at length. The questions are to what extent is its usage, would it be beneficial to relocate the site, and weighing up advantages of upgrading to digital.
Initial thoughts were to have a presentation first to address digital advantages and then poll the Membership afterwards.
* A contest committee was discussed with potential prospects to be involved. The general consensus is that a structured Committee with Chair and support staff would better administrate rule changes, enable follow through and address Member proposals.
* 2019 membership awards are forthcoming. Officer and Director elections will be at the annual Christmas dinner meeting.
* The dinner meeting will be on October 8, 2019 at Robs 125 Street Grill. Guest speaker will be Grant Saviers, KZ1W discussing station grounding.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE