WWDXC Board meeting October 28, 2019
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Tom NU7J, John W7CD, Rich W6RS, Larry K7EKD, Walt K7ZQ, Brian N7RVD, Dennis K7DSE and Guest Rusty W6OAT.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
* The September 2019 minutes were approved by voice vote
EP6RRC expedition funding request is undecided as of this date.
* The September report was approved by voice vote.
* Cash balance 9/30/19: $30,282.20, Income September: $376.37 and Expenditures $2.78.
* Dennis, K7DSE reports no new members.
* Tom, NU7J reports all Silent Key Estate items have been sold.
* Contest Committee prospects were polled and resulted in Chuck N6KW, Dink N7WA, Rod W7OM, Rusty W6OAT, Tom K7RI, and Dick K7BTW accepting roles in its formation.
Walt, K7ZQ accepted the role as liaison to the Board.
* Teleconferencing was discussed in the event of severe weather or meeting room unavailability.
Rob, N7QT volunteered to recommend software and set-up requirements to the Board.
* A motion was made and adopted for an additional $400 toward the raffle prize fund for the December meeting.
* The following awards were proposed for 2019:
MOY (Member of the Year) Rich W6RS and John W7CD for their roles in making the DX Convention a success.
New MOY (New Member of the Year) Doug NR5W for his diligent participation in contests.
MVP (Most Valuable Player) Chuck N6KW for his Trustee, organizational and contest roles.
Johnny Dack Lifetime Achievement Larry K7EKD for his lifetime dedication to the hobby.
* The dinner meeting will be on November 12, 2019 at Robs 125 Street Grill. Guest speaker will be Brian N9ADG, editor of the ARRL Contest Update weekly newsletter. He will be discussing interstellar wave propagation, stealthy antennas for 630 meters and his recent visit to Area 51.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE