April 2020 – Board Meeting Minutes

By | April 28, 2020

WWDXC Board meeting April 27, 2020

Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Tom NU7J, Rich W6RS, John W7CD, Rusty W6OAT, Justin K5EM, and Brian N7RVD.

Note: This meeting was held via teleconference using the Zoom platform due to the Corona virus pandemic.

Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.

Review/approve minutes
* The March, 2020 minutes were approved by voice vote.  Cash balance: 28,443.69 Income: 50.60 Expenditures: 107.05

* Board voted to approve $100 donation to CY0C DXpedition.

Treasurer’s report
* The March report was approved by voice vote.

* Dennis, K7DSE was unable to attend, but based on latest info, there were two new members.

Old business

* Repeater Update:

a) Kirk reported that he retrieved the repeater, duplexer and power supply from Tom Saunders this morning (April 27).

b) Rob suggested that the Board should educate ourselves with digital modes such as DMR.

c) W7CD to bench test existing repeater to make sure it’s working properly and is reliable enough to use at new site. W7CD and N7UK to coordinate this.

d) Proposed new repeater site is on Jupiter (the mountain, not the planet). John has been to the site and recommends it. Site is owned by a ham, and managed by a professional site manager. Site is internet accessible from a microwave trunk. Price of new site is unknown at this time. (John to investigate).

New business

1. Rob N7QT will start collecting the mail next week. Adam to investigate whether USPS informed delivery service is available at Mercer Island PO.

2. Adam confirmed that the 125th Street Bar and Grill is open for takeout business, so hopefully they will be able to support future club meetings.

3. Board discussed benefits of video conferences. It was agreed that we will consider live streaming future club meetings. Rob to donate laptop to the club for this purpose.

4. 7QP: 21 WA counties signed up for activation this far.

5. Salmon Run:

Dink, N7WA to be SR Chairman. No rules changes this year.
Thus far, no one has stepped up to be chairman of the WWDXC Contest committee.
John, W7CD shared process for automating log collection process (wordpress). It was agreed that we will not accept paper logs in Salmon Run starting this year. John to coordinate development of new automated Salmon Run log process with Justin and perhaps with Brian, N9ADG.

6. Bengt is not able to continue as Webmaster. New webmaster is TBD.

7. WWDXC e-mail reflector discussion: It was agreed that we should publish a code of conduct for posting messages on Groups.io. It was also agreed that only active WWDXC members should be allowed to post messages on groups.io. Non-members should be allowed to read but not post messages. Rusty W6OAT to investigate and share code of conduct developed by another DX Club, for Board consideration.

8. Board agreed to consider having a mid-month Zoom meeting for member socializing.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.

Respectfully submitted
Tom Sykes, NU7J
Acting Secretary