WWDXC Board meeting January 26, 2021
Present were Rob N7QT, Justin K5EM, Jack N7JP, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Rusty W6OAT, Tom NU7J, and Brian N7RVD.
Note: This meeting was held virtually via the Zoom platform.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The November 2020 minutes were approved by voice vote
- K5EM shared a photo of recent correspondence picked up from Mercer Island PO Box
- The December 2020 report was approved by voice vote
- Cash balance 12/31/20: $28,982.24
- Income December: $505.20
- Expenditures: $15.39
- Brian N7RVD to follow up after meeting to present proposed 2021 Budget (will be based off of 2020 budget)
- No changes to membership
- Salmon Run: Plaques and awards are sent. Brian N7RVD and Tom, NU7J to follow up and ensure that award sponsors have paid or pay as soon as possible
- Virtual Comm Academy is planned for April 9-10
- WVDXC is deciding between conducting a virtual DX convention in 2021, or cancelling it altogether
- Need to update WWDXC website to delete reference to Totem Tabloid.
- W7DX 147.000 repeater has been underutilized. Rob N7QT to draft email to see if any WWDXC members would like to organize a weekly net on the repeater, to stimulate repeater activity
- Discussed use of Slack for DX spotting. K5EM and N7QT to work with KB2S to explore this idea further and if possible, set this up for WWDXC members. Discussed that there is a fee of $180 for hosting wwdxc.org website. The name on the yearly billing needs to be updated. N7RVD to change this so that it’s addressed to the Club Treasurer instead of a specific individual
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Tom Sykes, NU7J on behalf of Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE