WWDXC Board meeting July 27, 2021
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Kirk N7UK, Justin K5EM, Rich W6RS, Jack N7JP, Jack N7JP, Rusty W6OAT, and Dennis K7DSE
Note: This meeting was held virtually via the Zoom platform.
Rob opened the meeting with Adam co-hosting at 7:00pm PST.
- The May minutes were approved by voice vote
- The June meeting was cancelled due to scheduling conflicts amongst the Board members
- No correspondence was received for the month
- The report will be updated at the next meeting
- Dennis, K7DSE reports June membership renewals have been sent
- The Board adopted the Salmon Run rule modifications as proposed in its review document. Rusty W6OAT offered to document the changes. The revised changes will be coordinated with Brian KB2S for posting to the website.
- The annual Club picnic is cancelled this year due to prolonged concerns over Covid and its variants
- The August monthly member meeting is cancelled as it typically is during the PNW DX convention, (August 7, 2021 this year)
- The Board discussed ongoing monthly membership meetings. The result of holding meetings over a virtual platform has shown a rise in attendance bringing together hams that may typically not be able to attend due to distance or driving considerations. In addition, guest speakers can present in the comfort of their own home. Consequently, the consensus is that the virtual presentations will continue.
- An online survey will go out to Members for their input regarding in person meeting gatherings
- The in person gathering locations are being investigated by Adam K7EDX for cost and availability
- Rob N7QT and Justin K5EM will examine the costs and technology needed to host both online virtual presentations in conjunction with in person meeting gatherings
- It was resolved to host the Club’s annual Christmas party this year for in person attendance
- The September 14, 2021 online Zoom presentation content will be posted on the Club’s website when known. A meeting invitation will be sent via email
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE