WWDXC Board meeting November 30, 2021
Present were Rob N7QT, Adam K7EDX, Justin K5EM, Jack N7JP, Rich W6RS, Tom NU7J, Kirk N7UK, and Dennis K7DSE.
Note: This meeting was held virtually via the Zoom platform.
Rob opened the meeting at 7:00pm PST.
- The October 26, 2021 minutes were approved by voice vote
- No new correspondence
- Cash balance as of 11/30/21 is $29,141.10 and expenditures: $5.40
- Income November: $223.17 and expenditures: $5.40
- Dennis, K7DSE reports 163 active members
- The Salmon Run scoring and procedures were outlined. In addition to any rule changes for the coming year, the Salmon Run Committee will present to the Board any process refinements.
- The topic of convention sponsoring was brought up. One of the highest cost items is visual presentation. The equipment provided by Mel N7GCO during the last convention is now not available for use. The added cost of renting a projector could result in a sizable deficit after all sponsored expenditures are accounted for. A motion was made and approved by The Board for an expenditure of up to $2000.00 for a projector with a 5000 lumens requirement. The Spokane DX Club via contact with some of our Board members offered to share their projector in a reciprocal arrangement in order to have 2 projectors. It will be determined at a later date if the remaining CLubs in our region will also participate in an equipment sharing arrangement to lower convention sponsorship costs.
- The Club annual elections are in December. An email announcement will be sent to members for those that would like to run for a position. Per Club By-laws, all Officer positions are open to any member to run for on an annual basis. Brian N7RVD and Kirk N7UK have announced their retirement from the Board. Tom NU7J has announced running for Secretary and Dennis K7SDE announced running for Treasurer. Two Director positions are open.
- Club awards will be presented at the Christmas meeting. Results from membership input from an email to the membership for nominations will be tallied.
- An agenda for the Christmas party meeting is being prepared. The testing of online polling and break-out rooms will happen prior to the event.
- The annual Club Christmas party will be held via an online Zoom meeting starting at 6:30pm PST on December 14, 2021. Invitations to members will be sent via email.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.
Dennis Kourkoumelis, K7DSE