WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes, June 28, 2022
- Meeting called to order 7:05 by club president, Rob N7QT. In attendance were Rob N7QT; Robin WA7CPA; Rich W6RS; Dennis K7DSE; Adam K7EDX; Jack N7JP; and Marv K7IU, Rusty W6OAT, Tom NU7J.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved previous meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: Motion to fund $500 for Top 20 IOTA Expedition to Kiska Is, Alaska. Approved.
- Treasurer Report: Approved previous Treasurer report. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of 06/28/2022 shows total cash balance in treasury of $29,581.23. As of 6/28/2022 the Income for June was $1,195, for club picnic payments and membership payments.
- Membership report by Jack N7JP: 167 active members, 1 new member, 19 renewals, and 2 Silent Keys (Doug NR5W, and Harry K7LAZ).
- Old Business
- Salmon Run update: Rusty has notified all contest software suppliers of 2022 rules changes and verified that the software will be in accord. Tom to coordinate with plaque sponsors. Cost of plaques is set at $73.
- Annual Club Picnic, July 17, 2022: Attendee list/count is needed by July 15. Robin to send reminder email. Approximately 28 sign-ups as of June 28.
- Bylaws Update Project: Reviewed Bylaw edits, and discussed and documented election process improvements. Robin to send edits to Board for further review and approval. Further discussion is needed next month.
- Continued discussion of having occasional in-person hybrid Zoom meetings starting in September. Venues under consideration include Arnie’s in Edmonds or Bob’s Burgers in Everett. Rusty and Rich to investigate venues in Kingston area.
- New Business
- ARRL scholarship – Received notice from K9JF concerning ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Discussed increasing W7PHO Scholarship amount from $1500 to $2500 per year for four years. At this rate, the funds will be spent after 4 years and scholarship would be terminated. Also discussed having FAR (Foundation for Amateur Radio) administer scholarship. Further discussion is needed.
- Meeting adjourned at approximately 9:00 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.