WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes, September 27, 2022
- Meeting called to order at 7:05 PM by club President, Rob N7QT. In attendance were Robin WA7CPA; Adam K7EDX; Jack N7JP; Rusty W6OAT; Justin K5EM, Marv K7IU; Rich W6RS; Tom NU7J.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved previous meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: TN8K dxpedition requested WWDXC donation. #72 most wanted for west coast. Board voted to donate $200.
- Treasurer Report: Approved previous Treasurer report. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of Sept 11, 20222 reported a total cash balance in treasury of $28,786.15.
- Membership report by Jack N7JP: 172 active members, 2 new members, 1 renewal.
- Old Business
- Salmon Run update: Participation seemed better than last year. So far there have been over 250 log submissions. Kudos to Dink N7WA and Justin K5EM for helping with log submissions.
- Bylaws Update Project: Reviewed all Bylaw revisions and incorporated additional wording changes as needed. It was agreed that the updated by-laws are complete and should now be presented to membership for approval. The revised by-laws will be sent to members to be reviewed in advance of a vote at the Dec meeting.
- Christmas Party: In the previous meeting, we discussed possible venues for the annual Christmas Party/meeting in December. Preferred location is within walking distance of the Edmonds Ferry. Adam to investigate further.
- ARRL scholarship administrative changes – (Not discussed at this meeting). K9JF has informed us that there have been ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Further discussion is needed.
- New Business
- Oct meeting planning: The Oct. meeting will be virtual.
- Formed Nominating Committee for Club Officer Positions: The committee members
are Adam (Chair), Marv K7IU, Tom NU7J. The three-year term for two Board member
positions (Justin K5EM and Rusty W6OAT) ends in Dec, 2022. A nominating committee
will be formed to coordinate the election process. The vote will be taken at the Dec
- Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:26 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.