WWDXC Monthly Meeting Minutes, January 31, 2023
- Meeting called to order at 7:05 PM by club President, Rob N7QT. In attendance were Robin
WA7CPA; Jack N7JP; Rich W6RS; Dennis K7DSE; Tom NU7J; Justin K5EM; Marv K7IU; Rusty W6OAT.
- Review/Approve Minutes: Approved Nov 29, 2022 meeting minutes.
- Correspondence: Approved $500 donation to Crozet dxpedition FT8WW (#2 west coast).
- Treasurer Report:
- Approved year-end Treasurer report from Dec 2022. The report provided by Dennis K7DSE as of Dec 31, 2022 reported a total cash balance in treasury of $27,290.17. Discussed policy for requiring payment for events when members who have committed to attending are unable to attend.
- Discussed opening a second savings account at an FDIC approved, on-line bank. i.e. breadfinancial.com. (Current interest rate at Bread Financial is 4%). On-line savings accounts can be linked to primary checking accounts, for money transfers.
- Approved payment of $492.58 to Dink, for reimbursement of Salmon Run glasses and associated shipping expenses.
- Membership report by Jack N7JP: 165 active members.
- Old Business
- Salmon Run update: All awards and glasses have been shipped. No further action needed.
- Bylawys Update Project: The revised by-laws will be sent to members to be reviewed in advance of a vote at a future meeting.
- ARRL scholarship administrative changes: (Not discussed at this meeting). K9JF has informed us that there have been ARRL administrative changes to the scholarship program. ARRL has increased the minimum scholarship threshold. Further discussion is needed.
- New Business
- Discussed how to conduct future meetings (in-person hybird vs zoom meeting). For now, we will plan on having the summer picnic and Christmas gathering as in-person meetings. We may consider other ideas in the future such as having one or two in-person, informal gatherings at a restaurant on a weekend. (i.e. Sunday brunch buffet with no meeting program)
- February program is TBD. (Ideas include advanced FT8, or VHF/UHF topic, or homebrew QDX QRP kit presentation).
- BOD and spouses to meet for dinner at Arnie’s Restaurant in Edmonds, at approx. 6-7 PM on Tuesay Feb 7th. (Paid for individually).
- Meeting adjourned at 8:12 PM.
Meeting Minutes Respectfully Submitted by Tom NU7J.