The Western Washington DX Club, the Northwest’s largest and most active DX group takes pleasure in issuing the first major W7 award. This award is issued to any licensed radio amateur who submits proof of two-way radio contact with the state of Washington. The totem pole shown on our colorful certificate is typical of the totem poles once found in the state of Washington.
All Washington Totem Award Winners are visible here.
Effective January 1, 2020, Washington Totem Award applications moved to an honor system. Applicants are no longer required to have their confirmations reviewed by an Officer of a club. The applicant still must possess LOTW or QSL card confirmations but need not submit them with the Award Application unless requested to do so by the WWDXC Awards Committee. Also, a modest price increase has gone into effect for U.S. applicants, on account of postal rate increases.
The Washington Totem Award Rules
Effective January 1st, 2020
1. U.S applicants must submit logbook information for QSOs with 100 different Washington stations. Twenty (20) of these must be confirmed contacts with different Western Washington DX Club members.
2. DX applicants must submit logbook information for QSOs with 25 different Washington stations. Ten (10) of these must be confirmed contacts with different Western Washington DX Club members.
3. Contacts must be confirmed by either LOTW or physical QSL cards. The WWDXC Awards committee reserves the right to inspect LOTW and QSL card confirmations associated with the Totem Award application.
4. Logbook information includes the callsign of the Washington station worked along with the date, time, band and mode of the QSO. The applicant first should list, in alphabetical order by callsign, the WWDXC members followed by the non-WWDXC stations. All dates and times must be in UTC.
5. The WASHINGTON TOTEM AWARD is free to all stations outside of the United States. U.S. stations must include an application fee of $5.00
6. SPECIAL ENDORSEMENT: The “WASHINGTON TOTEM AWARD” may be issued for specific bands or modes if all supporting information is included with the application.
7. Membership Lists: Current Active Members
8. Please send award applications and any award questions to awards (at) wwdxc.org.